It’s not a matter of if you get hacked, but when. And when you do, it will cost a lot of money:
- $3.62 million: average cost of data beach in 2017. Investment in cybersecurity reduced this cost by 10% compared to last 2016.
- $1,762: per capita cost of cost of cyber crime for small organizations. The cost of cyber crime is most expensive for small organizations: large organizations pay a quarter of this.
- 27.7%: probability or a recurring breach within 2 years. This has been growing steadily.
- 2.1%: Annual increase in the probability o fa recurring breach.
- 50+ days: Average time to resolve an attack from a malicious insider (50 days) or using malicious code (55 days).
- 98% of companies experienced a malware attack. 69% experienced a phishing attack. 67% other web-based attack. 58% a malicious code attack.
Traditional IT teams usually watch after the back-office network, email, backup. but as the numbers above demonstrate most attacks are web-based. We’ve seen all of the above on websites, databases, portals, and even corporate email. Want more information? Listen to our own Mickey Panayiotakis discuss security on Samsung’s Business Disrupted podcast.
Here’s how we can help with IT security “outside the firewall”:
Cyber Security for web and cloud:
- Routine maintenance, updates, and backups.
- Intrusion detection.
- Staff awareness and training.
- Intrusion testing, penetration testing, and event simulation.
- “Red team” exercises.
- Incident response plan.
- Password management.
- Code review.
Data and Constituent Privacy
- Private content.
- Privacy Impact Assessment and data inventory.
- Privacy policies.
- Awareness and training.
- GDPR compliance.
Privacy is not going away anytime soon..